Tuesday, June 5, 2012

San Simeon to Monterey on the Pacific Coast Highway is by far my favorite part of the trip so far. It's the first part that hasn't been completely covered in houses ruining the scenery. It's such a shame that the southern part of the coast is so populated, it takes so much away from this awesome landscape. 
I just got to my hotel in San Francisco, for the next two days I will be checking out what this city has to offer and then continue north to Redwood Forest and then on to Portland. I'm really excited to see what comes next, hope you are too. 


 Discovered today that my car gets about 5 mph better gas mileage without my bike on top, so now it's riding inside.


This little guy was begging for some almonds like Oliver Twist. When I didn't give him any, he proceeded to climb into the engine of my car to eat bugs off of the radiator. 

Met a nice German girl who was struggling to take a picture of herself so I offered to take it for her. She took this for me, and she asked if I was German. It must have been the wind, because she thought I had an accent. Either way had a nice conversation with her about the trip, she was doing the same route as me, but she started in Seattle. 


 I balanced the camera on a rock for this one, which was pretty difficult with the 40 mph winds. Picture turned out pretty well considering the unfavorable circumstances.





No comments:

Post a Comment